I suggest that you cease to buy any of the following and make a good start on using up, giving away or throwing out any of the following items that you have in your kitchen by your next appointment.
- All margarines and soft spreads or “spreadable butter”
- Any vegetable oil and start to wean yourself off foods with vegetable oil listed in the ingredients
- Anything advertised as “low-fat”!
- All sugar and products containing medium to high amounts of sugar (such as biscuits, cakes, milk chocolate and breakfast cereals containing sugar)
- All artificial sweeteners or products containing them
- All table and “free-flowing” salt
- Any skimmed or semi-skimmed dairy and products
- All soya milk and foods containing soya
- All sweetened nut milks