A selection of items that I recommend you buy in and begin to use before your next appointment. If you are unsure about anything please contact me (as a reply to my email “Health and Nutrition…)
- Butter or butter ghee should always be from grass fed cows and organic whenever possible. Use for spreading, baking and cooking.
- Coconut oil. Use for spreading, baking and cooking.
- Lard should be from pastured pigs. Use for roasting and frying.
- Olive oil, avocado oil and any nut or seed oils should be organic, cold pressed and only ever used cold or drizzled over warm foods.
- “Stevita” stevia drops for sweetening liquids.
- Raw honey and organic maple syrup can be used in small amounts.
- Sea salt for cooking.
- Himalayan pink salt for dissolving in drinking water.
- Dairy milk should always be organic and full fat.
- Coconut milk should always be full fat.
- Nut milks should always be unsweetened.
Hemsley + Hemsley: The Art of Eating Well is a great cookbook and is suitable for most of my nutrition recommendations