Hi! My name is Flo Neville. I am autistic and I am doing my PhD research on autistic wellbeing.
If you would like to take part, please read the information on this page and send me an email:
I find that I often need time by myself, in a sensory-friendly space. I know that lots of other autistic people do too but there aren’t many studies that explore the benefits of how we use this time and space
So for my study I want to know more about:
- How other autistic adults choose to spend time they have alone
- What kind of spaces they like to be alone in
- How they feel this time and space benefits them
Please note that I have now finished interviewing for this study but I am leaving this page online for reference.
Participants must be at least 18 years old and live in the UK
Participants will need access to the internet
Participants can be formally assessed or self-identified
The interviews can be text- or speech-based
Here’s what will happen if you take part
(1) I will email you a participant information form and a research privacy notice to read. (2) I will send you a link to an online consent form which you will need to fill in. (3) We will book a time for your interview.
To help the interview run smoothly, you will fill in a short online form to share with me. This will help you to prepare for my questions, and help me to know what you’d like to be asked about.
You can choose whether I interview you over a video link or instant messaging. We will spend a few minutes setting everything up and making sure you are happy to start before we start the interview. The interview itself will take under 45 minutes and be recorded.
These interviews will help me with the first phase of my PhD study. When I have completed the study I hope to:
- make the findings easily and freely accessible to autistic communities
- tell people about the findings in workshops and at conferences
- write about the findings for a journal
Thank you for reading! If you would like to take part please email me at: