An easy way to make your own nutritious and probiotic condiment. Feel free to experiment with both the vegetables and the seasoning.
- Shred a large white cabbage.
- Squeeze and pummel it for around five minutes to release the juices. The volume of cabbage will be greatly reduced but you should be left with a good deal of liquid.
- Add two tablespoons of sea salt and one tablespoon of caraway seeds before squeezing for another five minutes.
- Push the cabbage and its liquid firmly into two preserving jars, affix the lid and store at room temperature for around five days, “burping” daily by releasing the lid.
- Once ready, store in the fridge. It will go well with meats, eggs and cheeses or mixed into soups.
If you would like to know how to incorporate more fermented foods into your diet to support good gut health, strong immunity and clear skin then you might like to sign up with me for private coaching.